Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Not Coming To A Club Near You



I wonder what M.I.A will do now. I skipped the McCarren Pool Park gig (honestly, if you even had a ticket by April, your ass was lucky) but it's pretty weird to think she won't be frolicking on stage anymore, with her electric, seizure-causing gear. Who's gonna give the KGB a run for their money? Is she gonna be a stay-at-home phuc buddy to Diplo? or maybe it's a Jay-Z type of 'retirement'. Who knows, you probably didn't know about M.I.A until Sunshowers [or maybe you did, my mistake?], but homegirl can still rely on her graphic design skills, amirite?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm really gonna miss her tricked out beats with some political hinted lyrics. She was a real inspiration to me. I hope this is just some sort of break, and she'll be back. She has to much musical talent to just disapear.

Adèle said...

I'm pretty sure it's a Jay-Z type of retirement, trust.

M!NGUS said...

wait...what did i miss?

mia is really going mia?

Adèle said...

ha, pretty much :]