Monday, March 23, 2009

Cobrasnake is Dead!


And that...is the caption I read, leading me to the now hotly celebrated Night Booth. In the cold cobble-stoned streets of Paris, through the slinky and sweaty hallways of the Regine, Rémi Ferrante makes his way; snapping models, socialites, music heavyweights, and fashion elitists alike, accompanied only by his MacBook Pro. Night Booth came to light during Paris Fashion Week 09, and is a favorite of Mila Jovovich, Kanye ‘Barely Needs Any Introductions’ West, Lou Doillon, JCDC, and countless others. He’s even got A-Trak intrigued, when the other half of the Macklovitch family spewed onto his twitter: “Dude walking around the club with an open laptop taking pics of people on Photobooth.”



And he does exactly that. While the average MacBook-possessing individual utilizes Photobooth for giggles and jokes (ah, face distortions, so fun!), Rémi Ferrante saw otherwise, and turned this ingenious little carnival-inspired tool into a brilliant, yet simple innovative way of capturing the parties, people and places we only hear about from other people, with low lights, and heavy grain, making you feel like a peeping Tom by default (but in every good sense of it, of course). Surely, Night Booth will live on beyond its Parisian borders and transcend onto the party scenes of London, New York, LA, and/or Tokyo in no time; but Rémi can assure his position as being the first to introduce this to the dark-lit social rooms.


And when he's put down his computer, he's busy being a legit photographer, with a real camera.

All Photos by: Rémi Ferrante, Night Booth.

2 comments:

Hemaly said...

Carine looks fierce!
I really like the low-fi thing he has in these pictures. Makes them more personal.

Anonymous said...

I am the sort of guy who enjoys to taste unused things. Right now I am constructing my own photovoltaic panels. I'm doing it all alone without the assistance of my men. I'm using the internet as the only way to acheive that. I saw a really brilliant site which explains how to create solar panels and wind generators. The place explains all the steps involved in solar panel construction.

I am not exactly sure bout how correct the information given there iz. If some guys over here who had experience with these things can have a peak and give your feedback in the site it will be awesome and I would really appreciate it, cause I really enjoy [URL=http://solar-panel-construction.com]solar panel construction[/URL].

Thanks for reading this. U people are the best.