Tuesday, March 11, 2008

It's All About Brooklyn [Now]



In a few years, I might not even step foot in Manhattan anymore. Everything I'll ever need will be at arm's reach, and I like that. I've been keeping tabs on UO for the past 2 years. Why the hell didn't this happen sooner? or maybe, is it the beginning of the end for the hipster culture that lies Northwest of Brooklyn?
Maybe I'm, happy. Maybe I should be? Finally the end of an era, materialized with the selling out of its own neighborhood. Urban? AA was enough, but Urban? Really? Next thing you know, WholeFoods will open up [and yes they are if I read correctly].
Maybe I shouldn't be laughing, we're gonna have a full blown gentrification on us pretty soon. like, full fucking blown. Could you imagine?
Imagine SoHo, but with more bodegas and far less theaters and art galleries. Although that last one might've changed as I am writting...
Merde...

No comments: